Comments posted below stories
IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE READ! This form is only for questions or concerns on comments previously posted by yourself or other users, or for questions on the Rules of Participation below. Do not submit comments intended to appear on stories through this form; they will not be posted. Post comments at the bottom of the story in question.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
1a) No personal attacks or threats against other users or
individuals; no libelous, harassing or abusive statements; no
submission of personal information or likenesses of other persons
without their consent; no stalking.
1b) No cheering or advocating harm to or violence against a person or people. (Exceptions for capital-murder criminal cases and military actions.)
2) No disparaging comments about a victim or victim's family in a tragedy.
3) No attacks on individuals or groups based on race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity or other classification.
4) No content that is obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit. This includes masked words (****), acronyms and abbreviations.
5) No commercial product promotions or off-topic messages; no spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or fraudulent or deceptive messages; no false claims of affiliation with any third party.
6) No posting of copyright infringing material, or any material whose posting on our sites could result in infringement of any third party intellectual property or privacy or publicity rights.
7) NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS. No posts in bold or highlighted with other HTML coding.
8) No entries longer than 750 characters (or 1,500 characters on verified-name articles) or continued in another posting. Continuations may be deleted.
By posting a comment, you agree that you are fully responsible for the content you provide, and you agree to follow these rules. Posts violating these rules will be rejected. The interpretation of these rules is at the discretion of the producers of this site.
Comments solely reflect the views of and are the responsibility of users, not The Virginian-Pilot, PilotOnline.com or HamptonRoads.com. Readers may find some comments offensive or inaccurate.
We ask that you stand behind the content you submit:
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise have all necessary rights, including but not limited to copyrights, in all content that you submit to our sites, and that you have secured all third party consents, licenses, waivers and permissions necessary to submit such content
- You represent and warrant that the content submitted by you will not infringe upon or misappropriate any rights of others, including, without limitation, any copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, moral rights or any other proprietary rights of third parties, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) ARISING OUT OF, RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY BREACH BY YOU OF THESE POSTING GUIDELINES
Our take-down policy:
We have the right (but not the obligation) to review any content that you have submitted to our sites, and to reject, delete, disable, or remove any content that we determine, in our sole discretion, (a) does not comply with these Posting Guidelines; (b) might violate any law, infringe upon any rights of third parties, or subject us to liability for any reason; (c) might adversely affect our public image, reputation or goodwill; or (d) should be taken down for any other reason.
If you believe that any Content on any of the Sites infringes upon any copyrights that you own, please contact us pursuant to the procedures outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (Title 17 U.S.C. § 512) at the following address: Copyright Agent Elizabeth Smith, 150 W. Brambleton Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23510 Fax: 757-446-2108
Write your message
Please note required fields.
Please note this form will not let you send messages with more than 890 characters in the "Message" box.